Wednesday, November 25, 2009

A time between times...pausing for gratitude...

Thanks...Giving

Yes, of course I am always grateful for family loved ones and friends. Camilla!





This morning, I realized that I had acquired--over time--coffee and other cups that remind me of my friends, past and present. So I photographed them in pairs, with one or two standing alone. As a collection, I feel I am privileged, rich and connected in spirit to my friends. And these cups are not comprehensive!






The objects are, in a way, "sacred objects" because they represent people of importance to me, and shared memories.








Right: Sally & April plate,
with new cup from Rehoboth, 11.09, that says "be in gratitude"










Leslie with Lucille & Julian Davidson













Monica & Danielle
(Mar de Jade)
brown cup


with Karen O. (Norway cup)















Right: Alison, Doreen, white cup, with Kate and San Francisco cup




















Ruth
Current Kay cup

& Denee, Yunji,
Wendy, Maureen, Melody, Lauren,
Kathy, Rachel, Sybil,& Emma















Gift from Judy G.,
Lora in Italy,
Mary B. in St. Pete,
& Trudy B. everywhere!








November 25, 2009 Kay Weeks

1 comment:

Denée Barr Art News and More said...

A cup of gratitude...Thanks for helping me to pause and enjoy today and all that is to come.